This one is similar to tom yum kung, but I prefer this one because it does not have coconut milk and sweet chilli oil on it. Also, the scent of holy basil differentiates it from tom yum kung. You might as well add prawns and shells or any kind of seafood if you wish.
It is a great taste on hot summer day.
- holy basil, 1 cup, chopped
- squid, 150 grams, sliced
- chicken broth, 1 cup
- water, 1 cup
- mushrooms, 1 cup
- lime juice, 2 table spoons
- fish sauce, 2 table spoons
- table sugar, 1 table spoon
- shallot 1 glove, sliced lemongrass 1/4 cup, red hot chilli 2, bergamot leaves 2-3 leaves, sliced Golangol 1 table spoon
- bring chicken broth and water to boil add all the spices. Reduce heat. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add mushroom and squids
- Add holy basil. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes
- Bring to boil again. Season with fish sauce and sugar. Turn off heat. Season with lime juice.