Aborio rice is used in the making of risotto. It’s a kind of short grain strachy rice and thus creating creamy texture.
To make a good homemade risotto dish requires a lot of patience. Gradually adding chicken stock into the pot instead of adding all at once and continuing to stir vigorously throughout the entire process are what it takes to create the right consistency. Butter is to be added at the end of the process so that it smells fresh. A kind of seemingly simple recipe like a risotto dish is not an easy task after all.
- Aborio rice, 1/2 cup
- Chicken stock, 2 1/2 cup
- Mushroom of any kind, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- white wine, 2 table spoons
- minced shallot 1 table spoon
- minced garlic 1-2 gloves
- parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- On skillet, fry minced shallot on olive oil at medium heat until translucent. Add minced garlic and chopped mushroom. Sautee until cooked.
- Add rice along with a small amount of chicken stock at first. Keep stiring at medium low heat until chicken stock almost evaporated. Add white wine. Add more chicken stock. Keep doing this for about 25 minutes or until the rice absorp most of the stock, cooked and the creamy texture is achieved.
- Add butter and continue to stir for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Served with grated parmesan cheese on top.