Don’t you know that pizza can be made at home. It’s easier than you think. Besides, you can make it a little healthier by using whole wheat flour instead of white flour. That is the beauty of home cooking.
Margherita was named after a queen. She was served this type of pizza when she visited a countryside. The color of Margherita also resembles the flag of Italy.
- White all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup
- Warm water, 1/3 cup
- Yeast, 1 teaspoon
- a pinch of suger and salt
- a tablespoon of olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves, 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste
- combine white and whole wheat flour in a bowl, add water, yeast, sugar, salt and olive oil. Mix well and knead by hand for at least ten minutes. Rest the dough at room temperature for half an hour.
- Roll the dough into big flat pizza crust. Add tomato paste, sliced mozzarella cheese and basil leaves. Add some salt and olive oil.
- Heat the pizza in the oven at 225 C for 10 miniutes or until cooked.