There are such a hugh variety of fried rice around the world. They are all great, depending on your preference. The one is a Chinese-style. I intended to demonstrate it because it is one of the most simple, consisting of few ingredients, yet full of cooking techniques.
The right Chinese style fried rice must be very dry. The way to achieve this is to fry the egg first and add rice later. This one is also good for vegans, because no meats involved.
- Cooked rice, 1 cup
- Green beans, 1/2 cup
- an egg
- olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- chopped spring onions
- Mix white and egg yolk and then fry them on the pan. Reduce heat.
- Raise to high heat. Add rice and stir fry vigorously to prevent overheating. Add green beans. Continue to stir. Add spring onions.
- Add soy sauce. Continue to stir for a while. Reduce heat. Add sesame oil.