Pesto is another Italian sauce that is so simple to prepare. In fact, I grow my own basil at home just for this menu. If it is hard to obtain pine nuts in your area, you can use peanuts or other kinds of nuts, too.
- Basil leaves, 1 cup
- pine nuts, 1 table spoon
- olive oil, one quater cup
- grated parmesan cheese, one quater cup
- Penne (or any other type of pasta)
- a glove of garlic, chopped
- olive oil, 2 table spoons
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Combine pine nuts, basil leaves, olive oil and parmesan cheese altogether in the blender. Grind them finely.
- Bring salted water to boil. Add penne and cook until aldante. Remove from heat. Drain the cooked penne.
- Add the pesto sauce from the first step into the penne. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to your liking.